Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pray Pray Pray

Here is the update on my friend.  Below is a post from a blog that a sorority sister of Elizabeth's has set up for her... If you click on the title below, you will be directed to that blog.  We need many many prayers.  Thank you.

Time to Wake Up

Elizabeth had a good restful night of sleep. The meds were lowered a couple of times yesterday, but Liz was beginning to fight the tubes and when her heartrate rose they induced sleep again for her to rest. Praise God that at this time her motor skills seem to be functioning well as she was kicking her legs and bending her arms!!

Today is a new day! They began weaning Elizabeth off the sleep meds at around 6:30 am and are waiting for her to wake on her own. Elizabeth is ready to come off the ventilator because she is breathing on her own (another PRAISE!). They will leave it in until she can follow some basic commands that the doctors give her.

SO, this is a critical time. Our prayers are being heard, but we need to pray now more than ever!

PRAY. Pray that our Elizabeth would wake up on her own. Pray that it would be easy for her.

PRAY. Pray that her eyes would open and that she would be able to follow commands that the doctors give her.

PRAY. Pray that she would be coherent. Pray that the same compassionate, loving, sweet Elizabeth that we all know wakes up.

I know we are all scared right now.... but I am claiming this verse of scripture that a sweet follower of Elizabeth's blog posted yesterday:
"Because [s]he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue [her]; I will protect [her], for [s]he acknowledges my name. [S]he will call upon me, and I will answer [her]; I will be with [her] in trouble, I will deliver [her] and honor [her]. With long life will I satisfy [her] and show [her] my salvation." - Psalm 91:14-15


No comments: